Monday, June 22, 2009

I'm a blessed man

I just got through celebrating my second Father's Day as a father. I am a blessed man. My earthly father is no longer with us, but I can celebrate the fact that he is now with my Heavenly Father. Isabel and Anglea really made Father's Day special. One of the things that Angela gave me was an outfit for Isabel to wear that says, "Jesus loves me and so does my daddy." While changing a diaper I read her shirt to Isabel and she just grinned and nodded her head yes. She is a loved little girl.

Angela not only is a great mother, but an amazing wife. We went on an overnight beach trip. Our little family. I had such a great time just spending time and appreciating what God has blessed me with in a special daughter and amazing wife.

I recall hearing Johnny Hunt mention a passage in Ecclesiastes 4:12 that is a great picture of our marriage relationship, "...a chord of three strands is not easily torn apart." The three strands of our "chord" are Angela, myself, and Jesus Christ. Remove anyone of these and immedaitely the chord becomes much weaker. Since neither Angela or myself are perfect, we have disagreements...all couples do. But these are just "tugs" on the chord and with Christ holding the chord together, there is no danger of the chord snapping.

I am a blessed man!

No comments:

Post a Comment